This is a non-supervisory senior research analyst position with the Office of Policy and Evaluation which has Governmentwide impact on how the Federal workforce is managed. You will design, conduct and report on studies of the Federal merit systems and human capital management policies and practices. Your responsibilities will include developing research methods; working with employment-related datasets; conducting statistical analyses; and presenting and documenting your data and findings.Learn more about this agency
- The duties described are for the full-performance level. At developmental grade levels, assignments will be of more limited scope, performed with less independence and limited complexity. The duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Managing and processing large employment-related datasets and planning, conducting, documenting, and interpreting the results of statistical analyses.
- Conduct analytic research studies, including designing the study methods, such as surveys or other research strategies implementing the study managing and analyzing large datasets drawing conclusions based on sound analysis
- and writing the study report and making presentations to share findings and to make recommendations about Federal human resources policies and programs based on research findings.
- Manage overall study projects including developing the project plan, objectives and milestones, implementing the plan, controlling scope, meeting milestones,
- overcoming barriers and obtaining support and cooperation from management and other participants.
- Provide research design, data management, statistical, and programming advice for other OPE research analysts especially when studies involve large datasets.
- Consult with and advise the office director and staff and other senior MSPB staff members about the meaning and significance of a variety of data sources and analyses and on data reliability, validity and quality.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/567269200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.