This position serves as a Software Assurance (SwA) Professional in the Software Assurance Group (SAG), which has responsibility for coordinating software security assurance activities across the VA. The incumbent promotes and enables security and resilience of software throughout the lifecycle through collaboration with those developing and/or procuring software for the VA.Learn more about this agency
This position will support the Federal Government's response efforts to COVID-19
Please read this public notice in its entirety prior to submitting your application.
Vacancies may not presently exist but may become available at any point during the opening period of this vacancy announcement. Applicant resumes will not be reviewed until there is a request to fill a vacancy. Your resume and any supporting documentation will be retained with other applicants and reviewed as vacancies occur.
You will not receive a notice regarding the status of your application other than the initial acknowledgement until a request is received to fill a position.
Once a request to fill a vacancy is received, the first 100 qualified and eligible candidates who applied will be considered for referral to the selecting official. Additional candidates will be referred based on hiring needs. Applicants will be notified about the status of their application, if referred and/or if all vacancies have been filled.
This is a temporary appointment not to exceed 1 year. This appointment may be extended up to a maximum of 1 additional year (24 months of total service).
- Identifies vulnerabilities in applications, across databases, networks, network-based environments and operating systems, and directs remediation as appropriate.
- Mitigates exploitable software weaknesses and creates protocols, procedures, and guidelines to mitigate security risks.
- Advises on information security issues and approaches, primarily related to software assurance.
- Assesses and monitor cybersecurity related to system implementation and testing practices.
- Leads the review and assessment of software system architecture.
Compressed/Flexible Schedule: Not Available
Telework: May be available upon supervisory approval
Position Description Title/PD#: IT Specialist (INFOSEC)/PDCV19-15312T
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not Required
Occasional travel - Travel required up to 10% of the time.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/567086500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.