This position is in the Office of Information Security (OIS), Executive Director, Information Security Policy & Strategy, Director, of Enterprise Cybersecurity Architecture (ESA) where the incumbent serves as Security Architect. The person in this role will provide security architecture and contract management support for ESA contracts and other ESA efforts in support of the design, development, integration, and implementation.Learn more about this agency
This position will support the Federal Government's response efforts to COVID-19.
Please read this public notice in its entirety prior to submitting your application.
Vacancies may not presently exist but may become available at any point during the opening period of this vacancy announcement. Applicant resumes will not be reviewed until there is a request to fill a vacancy. Your resume and any supporting documentation will be retained with other applicants and reviewed as vacancies occur.
You will not receive a notice regarding the status of your application other than the initial acknowledgement until a request is received to fill a position.
Once a request to fill a vacancy is received, the first 100 qualified and eligible candidates who applied will be considered for referral to the selecting official. Additional candidates will be referred based on hiring needs. Applicants will be notified about the status of their application, if referred and/or if all vacancies have been filled.
This is a temporary appointment not to exceed 1 year. This appointment may be extended up to a maximum of 1 additional year (24 months of total service).
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Compressed/Flexible Schedule: Not Available
Virtual: No. This is not a virtual position
Position Description Title/PD#: IT Cybersecurity Specialist (INFOSEC)/ PD17872A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not Required
Physical Requirements: Work is primarily sedentary, but involves use of a personal computer so a degree of dexterity and visual acuity sufficient to utilize these tools is required. Some physical effort is required in that the incumbent lifts and carries reference books, working papers and similar items to and from meetings. A moderate amount of standing and walking is required in getting to and from meeting places away from the work site. The work does not require any special physical effort. Occasional travel is required to attend meetings, conferences and specialized technical training.
- Identifies and communicates enhancements to the adaptive security and defense-in-depth protection profiles for all Department-wide security layers, which include, but are not limited to, business process, organizational and mission unit, end users, general purpose computing devices, applications, servers, Wide Area Networks (WANs), Local Area Networks (LANs) mobile, and Virtual LANs, external partner (s) (i.e. extranet services), remote access, and boundaries/gateways;
- Coordinates and integrates project tasks, milestones, and activities into a project plan and schedule;
- Manages the integration of complex Commercial Off the Shelf (COTS) information systems interfacing with VA legacy applications;
- Gives oral presentations or briefings on all aspects of a project; and
- Serves as a consultant and confidential advisor to the Director and other Senior leadership.
Occasional travel - Travel may be required up to 10% of the time.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/567040600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.