This position is located in the Department of Technology Services (DTS), IT Security Office (ITSO), Security Operations Division.Learn more about this agency
The incumbent is a recognized cyber security expert with a proven record of successfully managing defensive cyber operations in a 24/7 environment. Must have a proven record of successfully leading cyber detection, incident response and recovery activities at a national level, and extensive experience managing, developing and mentoring federal and contract personnel conducting defensive cyber operations. Will perform multiple and varying assignments under Security Operations Division Chief.
The incumbent of this position must be able to perform the tasks and meet the skills, knowledge and abilities as described in NIST Special Publication 800-181 National Initiative for Cybersecurity Education (NICE) Cybersecurity Workforce Framework for the roles of Cyber Workforce Developer and Manager (Work Role ID: OV-SPP-001), Cyber Defense Analyst (Work Role ID: PR-CDA-001), Cyber Defense Incident Responder (Work Role ID: PR-CIR-001), and IT Project Manager (Work Role ID: OV-PMA-002).
Duties of this position include but are not limited to:
- Managing a 24x7 team responsible for providing cyber monitoring, detection, prevention, analysis, response, and reporting.
- Reviewing the quality of the intrusion detection analysis performed by individual analysts, team leads, and other technical staff as well as of the notification and remediation support provided to impacted stakeholders.
- Performing data analysis germane to the discovery of potentially malicious or statistically unusual patterns;Identifying both technical and process improvements to elevate the quality of work performed by individual analysts, team leads, and other technical staff.
- Providing statistical cyber management reports and supporting data in response to ad-hoc requests for information. This is performed in addition to routine situational awareness reporting.
- Providing timely, clear, technically accurate notification to impacted judiciary stakeholders of the risk potential associated with IT security events and options for remediation.
- Ensuring notifications are tracked to closure and that escalations occur consistently in accordance with documented procedures.
- Developing and maintaining reporting metrics to measure and categorize intrusion attempts and related activities as well to identify incident trends.
- Developing technical articles and host webinars supporting Judiciary security awareness.
- Developing and maintaining processes and procedures used to manage operations and incident response processes.
- Maintaining and enhancing the security roadmap used to provide technical, personnel and procedural growth.
- Interfacing with clients and management to understand their security needs and overseeing the development and implementation of procedures to accommodate them.
- Planning, scheduling, assigning, and directing staff on technical and operational projects and during regular departmental activities as well as participating in federal recruitment and contract management activities.
- Conducting liaison activities across functional teams.
- Providing senior technical guidance to staff.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/566865600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.