This position is located in the Infrastructure, Environment and Private Sector (IEPS) Division, Department of Compact Operations (DCO), Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC).Learn more about this agency
Although the position is advertised equivalent to GS-12/13, MCC uses a pay banded system to compensate employees. This position is pay band4b/4a which is generally equal to GS-12/13.
- Performs a variety of recurring assignments associated with the management and oversight of the design, development, and implementation of energy sector programs and projects in MCC Compacts. As required, prepares or Assists in the development of plans for energy sector programs and projects in compact development and in implementation including overall power sector analysis, project scheduling, budgeting, change management, contract administration, and project controls.
- Provides support as the energy sector lead for the assigned multi-disciplinary country team consisting of a combination of MCC staff, consultants and contractors overseeing country programs involving energy projects. Works on multiple countries concurrently.
- Participates in projects in context of political-economy, environmental, social, and health and safety contexts or other variables and unknowns affecting planning, design and operational criteria and often- present critical challenges with respect to costs and economics.
- Participates in the design and development of Compacts, including, but not limited to: sectoral assessment of constraints analyses, concept papers, and proposals; collection and analysis of data and information to finalize proposals; coordination with consultants on feasibility assessments and on project appraisal; drafting portions of the internal investment memorandum and other decision documents, supporting such inputs with appropriate analyses and supporting studies.
- Uses appropriate project management tools and tracks implementation progress, anticipating and identifying issues as they arise and concurrently developing optimal solutions with a view of sustainability.
- Prepares relevant documentation and reports, maintains the required databases during implementation of projects. Uses appropriate project management tools and tracks implementation progress, Develops, consolidates, and/or prepares briefing and background materials on energy sector projects, issues and topics.
- Provides analytical support on a variety of energy sector matters in support of EPG goals, preparation of conference presentations, briefers, and other such quick- turnaround activities.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/566802300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.