Job Corps graduates of fire certified programs are encouraged to apply.The purpose of the position is wildland fire suppression/management/control, as a firefighter on an engine, hotshot, helitack or hand crew. Other wildland fire related duties might involve fire prevention, patrol, detection, or prescribed burning. Learn more about this agency
These positions are located Northern Idaho, Region 1, Northern region.
- Performs as a member of a fire crew assigned to suppress the full range of difficulty and complexity of fires.
- Moves dirt, chops brush, fells small trees, etc., to build fireline using hand tools such as axe, Pulaski, shovel and McLeod, and power saws, to control spreading wildland fire.
- Patrols areas of controlled fires to "mop-up" by searching out and extinguishing any remaining burning material.
- Operates specialized fire suppression equipment such as portable pumps or drip torch.
- Observes, records, and preserves evidence of cause of fires.
- May be assigned to other resource management activities such as fuels, recreation, timber, or reforestation when not performing fire suppression duties.
- Duties listed are at the full performance level.
Occasional travel - Occasional overnight travel may be required for fire suppression or fire related assignments.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/566648000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.