About the Position: This position is with the Walter Reed National Military Medical Center, Department of Pathology, Bethesda, MD, working standard hours with occasional overtime opportunities. Incumbent will assist with the transition to a new laboratory information system (LIS) and cleaning up the laboratory test files, etc.Learn more about this agency
Term Position: This position is Term. Please see the Additional Information section for details.
- Prepare laboratory information technology (IT) system for move to new laboratory information system (LIS).
- Develop, implement, and coordinate operations with the local level designed to ensure, protect, and restore IT systems, services, and capabilities.
- Monitor and evaluate systems' compliance with IT security requirements; provide advice and guidance in implementing IT security policies and procedures in the development and operation of network systems.
- Establish and maintain a comprehensive quality assurance program for diverse platforms that cover file back-up and recovery, equipment maintenance, and quality control of system processing and outputs.
- Plan and coordinate the installation, upgrade, and maintenance of the operation environment to include compilers, utilities, communications systems, systems management products, third-party systems software, security packages, scheduling systems.
- Monitor and ensure the operability of internet and intranet services that provide customers with access to applications and data.
- Adapt and implement systems diagnostic and maintenance tools to ensure the availability and functionality of systems required to support organizational objectives.
- Optimize the functionality of networks and systems, diagnoses and recovers failed systems.
- ?esign, implement, and maintain multi-user Structure Query Language (SQL) databases, ensuring databases meet the business requirements of client organization, and are accessible to authorized customers through the Local Area Network (LAN).
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/566590300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.