This position is located in the Office of Information and Technology (OIT), Development and Operations (DevOps), Information Assurance (IA) Office. The DevOps IA oversees and directs VA-wide information security compliance requirements. This position is to provide support to IT security processes that support the direction of compliance requirements, the data collection and reporting of compliance details, and operational plans in compliance with Federal regulatory requirements and VA policy.Learn more about this agency
This position will support the Federal Government's response efforts to COVID-19
Please read this public notice in its entirety prior to submitting your application.
Vacancies may not presently exist but may become available at any point during the opening period of this vacancy announcement. Applicant resumes will not be reviewed until there is a request to fill a vacancy. Your resume and any supporting documentation will be retained with other applicants and reviewed as vacancies occur.
You will not receive a notice regarding the status of your application other than the initial acknowledgement until a request is received to fill a position.
Once a request to fill a vacancy is received, the first 100 qualified and eligible candidates who applied will be considered for referral to the selecting official. Additional candidates will be referred based on hiring needs. Applicants will be notified about the status of their application, if referred and/or if all vacancies have been filled.
This is a temporary appointment not to exceed 1 year. This appointment may be extended up to a maximum of 1 additional year (24 months of total service).
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8am - 4:30pm
Compressed/Flexible Schedule: Not Available
Virtual: This is not a virtual position
Position Description Title/PD#: IT Specialist (InfoSec)/ PD17279T
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not Required
Physical Requirements: The work is sedentary. Some work may require walking and standing in conjunction with travel and to attendance at meetings and conferences away from the work site. Some employees may carry light items, such as papers, books, or small parts. The work does not require any special physical effort.
- Reviews, analyzes, designs solutions and implements automated, technical capabilities to ensure information security processes are practiced by VA's information security practitioners, project managers, and system owners.
- Works with all stakeholders, business partners, industry and other Government Agencies to ensure VA's information security requirements are maintained through updating policy, supporting any audits, checking compliance of systems to VA 6500 by all projects, business practices, and information technology assets to ensure protection of VA sensitiveinformation.
- Analyze organization's cyber defense policies and configurations and evaluate compliance with regulations and organizational directives.
- Identifies significant actual and potential cybersecurity problems, trends, and weaknesses; recommend specific modifications and solutions to reduce IT security risks; and developing strategies for responding to future IT security challenges.
- Reviews project requirements, identifies deficiencies and recommends solutions to solve complex policy and compliance issues.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/566495800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.