This is a public notice flyer to notify interested applicants of anticipated vacancies. Applications will not be accepted through this flyer. Interested applicants must follow the directions in the "How to Apply" section of this flyer to be considered. There may or may not be actual vacancies filled from this flyer. Notice of Result letters will not be sent to applicants who respond to this flyer.Learn more about this agency
- You will serve as an engineer or scientist in welding and temperature dependent metal property manufacturing processes related engineering services and research and development for Navy materials, systems, and assets.
- You will carry out a wide range of engineering investigations and analysis; makes determinations and apply judgment in the selection, interpretation, and application of relevant rules, standard procedures or precedent
- You will define the problems and assesses several alternatives prior to determining a course of action or to achieve a particular assignment.
- You will plan and carry out assignments related to materials science and engineering, welding, or thermo-mechanical physical simulations and modeling
- You will conduct laboratory testing for welding, cold spray, friction stir welding, thermal spray, cladding, or quality assurance of those processes.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/566392100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.