This is a public notice flyer to notify interested applicants of anticipated vacancies. Applications will not be accepted through this flyer. Interested applicants must follow the directions in the "How to Apply" section of this flyer to be considered. There may or may not be actual vacancies filled from this flyer. Notice of Result letters will not be sent to applicants who respond to this flyer.Learn more about this agency
- You will will manage the NAVAL SURFACE WARFARE CENTER DAHLGREN DIVISION (NSWCDD) In-house Laboratory Independent Research (ILIR) programs.
- You will select the funded proposals in concert with the In-house Laboratory Independent Research (ILIR) and the Technical Advisory Panel (ITAP).
- You will interface with the Office of Naval Research (ONR) sponsor, produce the year-end report, mentor the researchers conducting work under the ILIR and other NSWCDD divisions to defend the program.
- You will be involved in the technical oversight of the NAVAL SURFACE WARFARE CENTER DAHLGREN DIVISION (NSWCDD) Naval Innovative Science and Engineering (NISE) Program.
- You will play a substantial role in the management of the Naval Innovative Science and Engineering NISE Category 1 (fundamental research) portion of the portfolio.
- You will work closely with the Chief Technology Office (CTO) in the management of the Category 2 (applied research).
- You will aid in the evaluation of the strength of the scientific underpinnings of projects as requested by the Chief Technology Office (CTO).
- You will aid in the selection of projects, the intermittent review of projects, the identification of Naval Innovative Science and Engineering (NISE) incubation areas, and the mentoring of NISE principal investigators.
- You will be responsible for administering and chairing the selection panel for the Naval Innovative Science and Engineering (NISE) Fellowship Program.
- You will work closely with Workforce Development in the solicitation and receipt of qualified applications from the workforce for the Naval Innovative Science and Engineering (NISE) Fellowship Program.
- You will coordinate with the panelists to select the top candidates for the Naval Innovative Science and Engineering (NISE) Fellowships and mentor the Fellows through their candidacy and dissertation defense.
- You will interface with external research organizations such as the Office of Naval Research, the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency, the Intelligence Advanced Research Projects Agency, the National Science Foundation, and others.
- You will maintain awareness of ongoing scientific activities across the NSWCDD. Your role in this matter is to help guarantee the rigor of said work and to help facilitate acquisition of external funding and exposure for the work.
- You will will work with NAVAL SURFACE WARFARE CENTER DAHLGREN DIVISION (NSWCDD) principal investigators and other NSWCDD personnel as appropriate to help transition scientific work to higher Budget Activity (BA) levels.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel may be required.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/566310600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.