This is a full time position with the Division of Realty, National Wildlife Refuge System, at the North Atlantic-Appalachian Region (Region 1) Regional Office in Hadley, MA.Learn more about this agency
This position is being filled under the Pathways Recent Graduates Program that affords developmental experiences in the Federal Government intended to promote possible careers in the civil service to individuals who have recently graduated from qualifying educational institutions or programs.
Recent Graduates Program
The Recent Graduates Program lasts for one year. During the first year the selectee will perform developmental activities designed to help him/her acquire the competencies of the target position in which he/she may be placed upon completion of the program. Participants who successfully complete the Recent Graduates Program may be eligible for conversion to the target position on a permanent or term (more than one to four years in duration) basis without further competition.
Who May be Considered
- Recent graduates who have completed, within the previous two years, a qualifying associates, bachelors, masters, professional, doctorate, vocational or technical degree or certificate from a qualifying educational institution. Current students may apply within one (1) month of meeting their education requirements.
- Preference eligible veterans who were precluded from applying due to their military service obligation begin their two-year eligibility period upon release or discharge from active duty. Eligibility for these veterans cannot exceed six years after degree or certificate completion.
As a Cartographer, duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Under supervision, participate in the development, implementation, and maintenance of a GIS for the Division of Realty.
- Review GIS data and assist in providing national GIS data to the Service and to the public.
- Document sources and procedures (creates metadata) used in data collection, compilation, transformation, application, analysis, and presentation.
- General support duties for national software license management and other responsibilities of the Service's National GIS Coordinator.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position to attend meetings, training and to perform field work.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/566198200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.