Come work for the USPTO, we have been ranked as one of the best places to work in the federal government! The U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) has been serving the economic interests of America for more than 200 years. We are responsible for granting US intellectual property rights for patents and trademarks. The USPTO is headquartered in Alexandria, Virginia, and has over 12,000 employees. For more information about the USPTO, please visit the USPTO Jobs Website.Learn more about this agency
The Chief Information Officer (CIO) is the principal advisor to the Under Secretary and Director on the application of information technology (IT) to support and improve the Agency’s business processes. The Office of Organizational Policy and Governance (OPG) provides the management and oversight of enterprise Information Technology (IT) strategies, guidance, policies, and agency-wide cybersecurity. This position is located in the Software Quality Assurance Division (SQAD) is responsible for monitoring and executing software development testing standards for OCIO’s coding, source code control, code reviews, testing, release management, and product integration within an established software development life cycle. The Systems Performance Branch (SPB) analyzes USPTO-developed applications and PTOnet network performance to ensure that performance objectives are being met; establishes and implements monitoring standards; monitors existing capacity and projects future capacity requirements; formulates performance improvements and capacity changes; recommends changes to systems and PTOnet to optimize resource utilization; and compiles capacity and performance statistics for executive level reporting.
This position serves as a senior Systems Performance Engineer. This position will be responsible for:
- Initiating, planning and conducting computer operations research.
- Exploring application development with emphasis on capacity planning, operating system performance analysis, application performance analysis, and the study of new opportunities in analyzing machine data.
- Establishing a system to capture and store computer operating system metrics, application metrics.
- Advising Government agencies, academia and industry on a variety of system assurance and computer science problems.
- Speaking on the feasibility and application of state-of-the-art systems performance techniques.
- Assessing infrastructure, engineering, operations research, and application applications.
- Furnishing advice and explanations on the significance of scientific data, experiments and achievements resulting from technical investigations.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/566192500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.