The Food Service Worker, WG-4, is in Nutrition and Food Services. The incumbent's duties require knowledge of food service operations and advanced food delivery systems including food and nourishment preparation, tray assembly, tray delivery and pickup, ware washing, and sanitation. S/he works at a two-divisional teaching hospital affiliated with the University of Kentucky Medical Center. The incumbent will work at both locations for the two divisions (Cooper Drive and Leestown Road).Learn more about this agency
ResponsibilitiesThe Food Service Worker has the skillset to organize work assignments, execute tasks quickly and accurately and meet strict meal schedules. The incumbent uses the Dietetic software packages to run and print information such as tray tickets, food production reports, diet lists, recipes and other reports or information. The incumbent follows written instructions including menus, tray tickets, job analysis, policies, procedures and the Handbook of Clinical Dietetics. The Food Service Worker can read a food thermometer, refrigerator/freezer thermometer, and record test tray temperatures. The incumbent possesses the knowledge and skills to operate food service equipment. The incumbent applies knowledge of established procedures in preparing and serving food in an advanced delivery system. duties include, but are not limited to:
- Receive and process diet changes using the computer. Run all necessary reports.
- Process and implement all diet orders by changing, deleting and/or adding tray tickets.
- Set up tray tickets for correct sequence of service on trayline. Adhere to trayline schedule.
- Utilize computer for printing labels for diet cards, supplemental and tube feedings. Calculate and write labels for any special tube feedings.
- Serve as accuracy controller by checking trays at mealtimes for attractiveness, accuracy and conformity to the diet prescribed, using current menu, tray ticket, and knowledge of diets and playing and portion control guidelines.
- Communicate with dietitians and provide pertinent information regarding diet orders to clarify orders or to obtain assistance in implementing diet orders special meal patterns or any menu errors.
- May be assigned as acting supervisor at either division on any tour of duty and may relieve higher graded employees.
- May be assigned to relieve a cook and perform such duties as prepare cooked cereal or simple menu items, sandwiches, eggs or toast.
- May be assigned to cold food unit to order, assemble or set up salad and/or dessert items.
- May be assigned to the ingredient control unit to conduct inventory, receive, store and/or issue subsistence and supplies. Measure, weigh and/or portion items for use in recipes in the production unit. Enter freezer and/or refrigerators to obtain needed items for trayline or for an individual patient tray. Order, assemble and/or set up nourishments.
- Maintain awareness of temperature of refrigerators and freezers and report discrepancies to supervisor.
- Maintain established food temperatures and food service safety and sanitation standards by using proper utensils and gloves to ensure safe handling of foods.
- May be assigned to perform heavy-duty cleaning tasks throughout the food service and related areas.
- Adhere to established food sanitation and safety standards for safety and sanitation (HACCP).
Work Schedule: 6:00AM - 2:30PM; 7:00AM - 3:30PM; 11:15AM-7:45PM - Alternating Weekends, Holidays as scheduled.
Position Description Title/PD#: Food Service Worker/30123-A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not authorized
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/565838600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.