This position serves as the Audiovisual Production Specialist in the Medical Media Section of Office of Communications. Coordinates audio-visual projects using video, multi-media, and computer graphics and assists in the planning, execution and quality control of the final product.Learn more about this agency
- Performs work in the production of videotaped and live television programs, live and prerecorded radio broadcasts, motion picture films, broadcast-type closed circuit teleconferences, and other similar such as slide shows with sound accompaniments.
- Plans, organizes and directs the work of writers, editors, actors, narrators, musicians, set designers, audio and lighting technicians, camera operators, and other associated technical personnel to produce, select and arrange the actions, sounds and visual effects required for the finished production.
- Determines which cameras are to record the action, directing the switching from one camera to another, cue in music and sound effects, and assuming direct responsibility for all aspects of the video/television production as it is being transmitted or recorded for future transmission.
- Records employees in their normal work area and occupation to produce local training videos, video news releases, feature stories, public service announcements, and interactive Web content for video streaming purposes.
- Edits audio SD and HD nonlinear post-production editing.
- Sets up audiovisual projection equipment, i.e., public address sound systems, video equipment, audio equipment, and other audiovisual equipment and instructs others how to use such equipment.
- Does multi-track audio mixing for video and audio recordings.
- Uses special effects generator, character generator, color and black/white portable and/or studio video cameras, microphones, test signal generators, audio mixing board, and studio and portable lighting.
- Plans for, supports and resolves issues with fixed and movable video conferencing infrastructure including configuration, maintenance and operation of videoconferencing Codecs (e.g., Tandberg) and third-party bridging services.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday, 8a-4:30p
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description/PD#: Audiovisual Production Specialist/PD02041-A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/565163400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.