About the Position: This position is being filled under the Expedited Hiring Authority (EHA) for Defense Acquisition Workforce Positions in accordance with 10 USC § 1705(g).Learn more about this agency
This announcement will be utilized to fill vacancies at the GS-11 or GS-12 level as vacancies occur.
Incumbent will provide project engineering services for Architectural-Engineer (A-E) or in-house designed projects for construction, maintenance, alteration, repair, and for special projects or studies.
- Solves, advises on or evaluates complex project engineering and management problems which involve difficult or unusual planning, scheduling, negotiation and coordination, as well as less complex project assignments.
- During the Design development and execution process, develops scopes of work and independent government estimates; performs design submittal reviews; coordinates submittal review comments with others, and attends design review meetings.
- During Construction contract development and execution, develops scopes of work and independent government estimates; performs submittal reviews; performs Request For Information (RFI) reviews and provides responses.
- Performs site visits throughout construction and serves as a technical expert/advisor to the project team; assists the project team with facility acceptance to include inspections, punch list development and facility acceptance.
- Work requires the application of a broad range of technical disciplines, including architecture, civil , mechanical , electrical and structural engineering, design and construction cost estimating, surveying and mapping.
- Will perform administrative/management functions such as funds control, design cost estimating, contract analysis, contract negotiation, contract administration, and project scheduling and tracking.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel occasionally for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/565023600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.