NASA Ames Research Center (ARC) is currently seeking interested candidates for the Director of Science position. The position is responsible for providing executive leadership, strategic formulation, and management for a Directorate engaged in the Agency's astrobiology, astrophysics, planetary sciences, biological sciences and Earth science programs.Learn more about this agency
**This vacancy has been amended to extend the closing date to Friday, 5/08/2020.**
- Provides executive leadership, strategic formulation, and management for a Directorate engaged in the Agency's astrobiology, astrophysics, planetary sciences, biological sciences and Earth science programs.
- Plans, directs and coordinates all aspects of the ARC Science activities. Leads the Directorate in conducting basic and applied research, technology development, and flight project development and operations for NASA programs.
- Defines the overall strategic initiatives, and broadly defines the scientific and technical portfolio of the Directorate.
- Periodically assesses the scientific and technical portfolio of the Science Directorate against metrics and programmatic considerations and adjusts strategy and tactical plans accordingly.
- Establishes and maintains advocacy and relations with partner Organizations across the Center with partner organizations at other NASA Centers; with sponsoring stakeholders at Agency Headquarters, and with industry and international partners.
- Participates with the Center Director, Center Deputy Director, and other Organizational Directors in planning the overall scope, nature, and direction of the Center's research and development programs.
Occasional travel - Travel may be required for training or other work-related duties
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/565004700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.