This position is part of the Organization of the Joint Chiefs of Staff. The incumbent will be responsible for serving as the principal joint capabilities and concepts planner and analyst in the Warfighting Analysis Division (WAD).Learn more about this agency
As a CONCEPTS AND CAPABILITIES ANALYST at the GS-0301-14/15 some of your typical work assignments may include:
- Developing and/or identifying new joint military approaches and/or warfighting concepts and integrating them into DoD analytics, planning and programming.
- Planning and leading the analyses of emerging concepts employing current and future capabilities of the armed forces of the United States and its allies across a full range of military operations.
- Evaluating the merit of future force designs and/or current and future warfighting capabilities against those of potential adversaries.
- Developing future force design options and supporting planning and programming recommendations
- Producing concepts and recommendations that meet USC Title 10 tasking for Joint Capability Development to include identifying new joint military capabilities, performing military net assessments and advising on joint military capabilities that meet national defense strategies.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/564992100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.