This position reports directly to the Director of Information Technology and performs a variety of work including all aspects of IT system development/enhancements and maintenance of operations of workstations, servers, network, and security.Learn more about this agency
Work is accomplished by this position and may be supported by other assigned staff and contractors who share responsibility for ensuring the work efforts achieve the outcome specified within the agency's business strategy, including appropriate strategic, life cycle management and capital IT investment plans.
- This position manages multiple IT initiatives of short- and long-term duration. The incumbent coordinates, communicates, integrates and is accountable for the overall success of each project, ensuring alignment with critical agency priorities. Work includes creating and following project plans including project selection, prioritization, evaluation and monitoring, cost schedule management, risk management, quality management and resource allocations.
- Implements IT projects and works with other IT staff (ARC employee and/or contractors). Work is primarily concentrated in IT system administration and management, IT project development, and IT security.
- Implements and ensures compliance with plans, policies, standards, infrastructures, and architectures that establish the framework for the management of IT programs.
- Analyzes, plans, designs, documents, assesses, and manages the IT enterprise structural framework to align IT systems with the mission, goals, and business processes of the organization.
- In conjunction with IT Director, plans, develops, implements, and maintains programs, polices, and procedures to protect the integrity and confidentiality of systems, networks, and data.
- Installs, configures, and maintains the operating systems environment, including systems servers and operating systems software on which applications programs run.
- Tests, installs, configures, and maintains networks including hardware (servers, firewall, switches, and routers) and software that permit the sharing and transmission of information.
- Consults with database development and administration for critical agency programs and grants management to ensure availability of data storage and retrieval without data loss. Oversees the development of standards for the handling of data.
- Ensures defined uptime and secure access to services that permit the publication and transmission of information about agency programs to internal and external audiences.
- Provides systems administration support; installs, configures, troubleshoots, and maintains hardware and software to ensure the availability and functionality of systems.
- Provides helpdesk support and response, including ongoing technical support to customers who need advice, assistance, and training in applying hardware and software systems.
- Works with the Director of IT to evaluate IT program needs and effectiveness for internal and external users of the system. Works with other divisions to ensure their needs are being met by the system configuration.
- Ensures cybersecurity protocols are in place to prevent loss of data and intrusions into the ARC network and system. Recommends to the Director applications and access to the internal network and ensures that links to other systems are evaluated for cybersecurity and data protection.
- Ensures that procurement of software licenses, services, equipment, and supplies required for Commission information systems are current and compatible with the enterprise architecture.
Occasional travel - Up to 10%.
14 - NF-14.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/564978900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.