The Dispatcher receives and compiles information, relating to police and emergency incidents, taking appropriate action regarding fire alarms, intrusion, duress and hold-up alarms, and directs response and/or notifies responsible personnel, depending on the type of incident or request. Operates a variety of communications equipment, such as computers, alarm processors, radio consoles, SSTV system, remote controllers, card access, time lapse digital video recorders and related peripherals.Learn more about this agency
The Security Clerical and Assistance (Police Dispatch) position is located in the Police Dispatch Center of the Kansas City VA Medical Center Police Service. The Security Clerical and Assistance (Police Dispatch) indicates and accomplishes a variety of complex communications duties such as monitoring and directing response to police and life and safety communications, radio dispatching to officers for response to calls for police assistance, and for special patient transport. In addition, the Security Clerical and Assistance (Police Dispatch) may handle a variety of difficult calls requiring extensive personal involvement. Examples of these calls include:
- Calls requiring tactful handling of confused, abusive or threatening individuals.
- Next of kin calls.
- Calls from irate beneficiaries regarding appointments, lack of treatment, etc.
- Calls to locate particular physicians or medical support personnel when their response is critical.
- Calls from mentally incompetent alcohol or drug addicted persons who require special attention by the operator.
- Calls from the public requesting information when the nature of the request is unclear or the party does not know which office or program is involved.
Telework: Not Available
Virtual: This is not a virtual position
Position Description/PD#: Security Clerk (Police Dispatcher) / 02144-A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/564947500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.