This position is located in the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS),Center for Medicaid and CHIP Services, Financial Management Group (FMG) .Learn more about this agency
As a Financial Management Specialist, GS-0501-14, you will serve as a technical management and team lead, with overall responsibility for performing work concerned with the administration and operation of Medicaid and CHIP operations pertaining to the planning and coordination of the functions related to Medicaid financial services.
- Coordinates and provides technical assistance to staff involved in developing national Medicaid medical assistance/administration, reporting and monitoring of various financial activities.
- Directs the reconciliation of State expenditure reports and monthly accounting reports, and issues quarterly Medicaid and CHIP grant awards.
- Provides consultation to other CMCS groups and divisions regarding Medicaid institutional and non-institutional reimbursement and State financing policy.
- Develops the Medicaid and CHIP budgets and grants, financial management and administrative costs policies.
- Serves as a technical authority and advisor to management for the analyses and special studies of policy issues and manages project plans, ensuring timely completion of action items and achievement of critical milestones.
Occasional travel - 10% or less
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/564873000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.