This position is located in the Office of the Chief Information Officer, Branch of Information Technology Procurement. More information on the OCIO is available at https://www.dol.gov/oasam/ocio/
- Position is inside the bargaining unit.
- Recruitment incentives may be considered.
- Term appointment not to exceed 4 years.Learn more about this agency
Major duties for this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Responsible for administration of major contracts. Identifies potential problems or conditions that may impact on contract completion, and recommends corrective actions.
- Performs detailed cost and price analysis on IT contracts. Collaborates with stakeholders on negotiating strategy to ensure reasonable terms for the government.
- Reviews contractor's management system, proposed subcontracts, and quality assurance procedures.
- Collaborates with stakeholders on negotiation strategies for supplemental agreements and modifications.
- Confers with managers within OCIO to ascertain projected resource requirements and to ensure inclusion of all resource requirements in plans.
- Prepares task orders, contract modifications, and supplemental agreements.
- Develops and manages consolidated contracts and related software license to support the IT environment. Oversees preparation of requests for purchasing and contract modifications in compliance with DOL policies and procedures; and assures proper control over utilization of carry-over funds, when available.
- Serves as contact and coordinator between program officials and contractors.
- Conducts or coordinates both OCIO and Department-wide IT projects or studies where such projects or studies do not fall within the purview of a single component of the OCIO, or where two or more components are involved and coordination by the immediate OCIO is necessary.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel may be required.
13 - This position is at the Full-Performance Level (FPL).
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/564760700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.