The Human Exploration and Operations Mission Directorate (HEOMD), Space Communications and Navigation (SCaN) Division is seeking a highly skilled individual to serve as a Program Specialist. This position will ensure the adherence of the Department of Homeland Security and NASA regulations, policies, and guidelines, and support NASA's Mission Essential Infrastructure, and the NASA SCaN Mission Essential Functions.Learn more about this agency
- Conducts Internal Information Technology (IT) and Physical Security assessments for SCaN networks and oversee external assessments.
- Evaluate the assessments to identify lessons learned for future assessment improvement.
- Review Risk Based Decisions and Plan Of Actions & Milestones.
- Assist SCaN networks in closing findings.
- Represent SCaN at routine IT and Physical security meetings. Provide expertise on the integration of Physical and Cyber regulations into Mission Networks. Participate in agency level security related meeting/telecon.
- Review agency security policy and handbooks for SCaN and provide recommendations for enhancement and compliance.
- Ensure all SCaN System Security Plans (SSPs) and security related documents are accurate, complete, uploaded to Risk Information and Security System (RISCS) and are consistent.
- Improve the quality of security documentations and System Security Plans for all SCaN networks for consistency.
- Update the SCaN Security Management Plan as needed.
- Develop the SCaN Common Control Package including SCaN level guidance/policy for the Networks.
- Review all Interconnection Security Agreements within SCaN portfolio for consistency and mission applicability.
- Provide augmented Incident Response to support Internal and External entities.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to develop Cloud Security and Requirements for SCaN networks.
- Conduct security outreach/education initiatives for SCaN personnel regarding security requirements, SBU/data protection, and cloud requirements.
- Interface with the Office of Protective Services on the Trusted Identities Program.
Occasional travel - Travel may be required for training or other work-related duties
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/564759700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.