The Bureau of Labor Statistics measures labor market activity, working conditions, price changes, and productivity in the U.S. economy to support public and private decision making.
-This position is inside the bargaining unit.Learn more about this agency
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Provides technical direction and guidance for research, development, implementation, and evaluation of statistical methodology for the BLS OEUS Programs, including survey and sampling design, sample production, imputation, estimation of indexes and their sample variances, statistical validation of survey results, response rates, and quality measurement and control.
- Oversees the sample production activities for the BLS OEUS Program surveys. Provides technical direction for the development and maintenance of sampling systems, including sampling design, creation of sampling frames, sample allocation, and sample selection.
- Researches, develops, implements, and evaluates complex sample and survey designs for BLS OEUS Programs, including measurement and evaluation of trade-offs between various sampling methods and sample allocation methods in order to reduce the mean squared error of survey estimates. Prepares technical statements of statistical findings, evaluations, and recommendations regarding survey design processes.
- Researches, develops, implements, and evaluates methodology to estimate index measures of the OEUS programs to determine measures of quality of these index estimates. Conducts research to develop and evaluate index estimators, relatives, and weights and their respective variance estimates.
- Prepares technical statements of statistical findings, evaluations, and recommendations regarding estimation processes.
- Writes computer programs or utilizes software packages as tools for statistical and technical analysis. Develops and executes programs to extract data from BLS OEUS Program surveys and databases for statistical analysis purposes. Uses the PC, software packages, databases and other computer resources of the Bureau.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel may be required.
13 - This position is at the Full Performance Level.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/564747000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.