6B is a 25-bed acute medicine Unit that primarily delivers care to adult male/female patients with a variety of oncology diseases, as well as, patients with renal failure, pneumonia, nutritional metabolic diseases and Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD).Learn more about this agency
Registered Nurses partner with Nursing Assistants to provide patient and family centered care in collaboration with an interdisciplinary team of clinicians, who support patients and families in decision-making. The interdisciplinary needs of patients and families are met through collaboration with ancillary services to include Pharmacy, Laboratory, Dietary, Social Work, Chaplin, and Radiology. Specialty Care and services are available through consultation and are utilized as needed to ensure continuity and progression of care. Discharge planning and patient/family education is initiated on admission and continues throughout hospitalization.
Major responsibilities and duties may include but are not limited to the following:
- Providing patient care such as feeding, bathing, dressing, positioning, transferring
- Obtaining vital signs and capillary blood glucose results.
- Performing procedures such as enemas, wound care, tube feedings and suctioning.
- Applying creams, lotions, and administering other approved medications under the supervision of the nurse.
- Assisting with examinations and medical procedures such preparing and positioning patient, obtaining equipment and supplies.
- Performing as a sitter to observe patients when necessary for suicide prevention, fall reduction, and risk of harm to self/other.
- Setting up equipment such as suction equipment, oxygen, cooling blankets, etc.
WORKING CONDITIONS: The work is performed inside areas working around machinery with moving parts, working with hands in water. Incumbent will at times work alone and closely with others.
Work Schedule: 8 and 12-hour shifts, rotating tours, 3:30p to Midnight or 7:30pm to 8:00 am, weekend rotations and holidays
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/564734500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.