The Headquarters Information Technology and Communications Division (HQ ITCD), IT Operations Branch seeks a highly skilled individual to serve as the Headquarters IT Customer Support Manager.Learn more about this agency
- Serves as NASA HQ IT Property Life Cycle Manager/IT Asset Manager.
- Consults with supervisors and managers to identify problems and/or discrepancies pertinent to the accountability of property.
- Conducts required assessments and formulate corrective actions; periodically evaluate and analyze the property management system and identify functional deficiencies and determine the required improvements.
- Prepares required accountability and property management records and reports.
- Manages HQ IT Loaner Pool support services.
- Documents and provides feedback on trends associated with customer support, including viable recommendations for improvement.
- Participates in HQ and Agency working groups to ensure effective and efficient management of IT products and services.
- Works with network specialists, application developers, system administrators and security specialists to prevent recurring problems.
- Ensures accurate and timely acquisition and renewals of HQ software and hardware licenses service and maintenance agreement.
- Manages HQ approvals and delivery of operational messaging and directory services and remote access functionalities.
- Performs invoice validation for HQ IT products and services and develop justification documentation to support billing/cost adjustments.
- Performs HQ customer service responsibilities, which includes assisting customers with the acquisition of quality IT product and services; and resolving customer related technical software and hardware problems.
- Performs contract and task order management activities. Assists in developing duties and responsibilities to be supported through HQ contract vehicles.
- Serves as a HQ Technical Monitor for customer support services performed through the HQ IT Services and Support Contract.
- Plays a key role in the development and review of policies, guidelines, procedures, and standards for the planning, development, integration, implementation, and evaluation of information technology (IT) systems and services.
25% or less - Travel may be required for training or other work-related duties
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/564733400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.