This position is being recruited under 10 USC 1599f into the Cyber Excepted Service and does NOT convey eligibility to be converted to the Competitive Service. It has been identified as a position necessary to carry out and support the mission of the US Cyber Command.Learn more about this agency
It is in the Supervison/Management Work Category at the Senior Work Level within the CES Occupational Structure. It is located in the DISA Joint Services Provider (JP212).
- Develops policies and procedures to ensure information systems reliability and accessibility and to prevent and defend against unauthorized access to systems, networks and data.
- Conducts risk and vulnerability assessments of planned and installed information systems to identify vulnerabilities, risks, and protection needs.
- Assessing security events to determine impact and implementing corrective actions.
- Ensures the rigorous application of information security/information assurance policies, principles, and practices in the delivery of all IT services.
- Provides for appropriate recommendations on the acquisition of vendor-supplied software and hardware.
- Reviews new IT products prepared by other government agencies or other elements of assigned activity and makes changes based on expert judgment and experience.
- Serves as planning adviser to the Chief and participates, in the preparation and administration of the budget. Responsible for development of security portions of Service Level Agreements.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/564561300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.