This position is located in the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Office of the Chief Financial Officer (OCFO), Financial Systems Modernization Joint Program Management Office (FSM JPMO), Department of Homeland Security (DHS). The OCFO, in collaboration with the DHS Chief Information Officer (OCIO), is responsible for supporting DHS and Component Financial Systems Modernization efforts, implementing the necessary solutions/programs to ensure Financial System Modernization efforts.Learn more about this agency
As a General Engineer/Operations Research Analyst (Test & Evaluation) GS 0801/1515 14, your typical work assignments may include:
- Coordinates with program managers, test agencies, the system evaluator, logistics, agency and department policy representatives, and user representatives in translating operational and mission needs, system performance specifications, system concept of operations, and other programmatic documentation to write, edit, and staff a test and evaluation master plan (TEMP), as well as system-level and/or individual element test plans, that addresses developmental and operational testing necessary to establish system effectiveness, suitability, and cyber resilience.
- Through the system acquisition team and the T&E Integrated Product Team (IPT), formulates test plans, processes, priorities, and resource allocations necessary to support system acquisition and programmatic documentation to demonstrate system effectiveness, suitability, and cyber resilience.
- Provides specific test and evaluation focused assessment of requirements documents such as Concepts of Operations, Operational Requirements Documents, Functional Requirements Documents, system specifications, and requirements traceability matrices.
- Allows for assessment and categorization of test data, equipment, materiel, and system deficiencies, and makes changes in characteristics, approach, criteria, and requirements as required, analyzing requirements and capabilities documents to determine testability and measurability.
- Plans, organizes, directs, and executes developmental T&E efforts throughout all acquisition phases to include developmental tests, and support to in-service tests and operational tests.
- Modifies, adapts, tailors, or extends standard T&E guides, precedents, criteria, methods, and techniques, to include Design of Experiments, Modeling and Simulation, and cybersecurity and cyber resilience for certification purposes.
- Assists in establishing program T&E objectives weighing degrees of urgency against schedules and funding; resolves conflicts between competing requirements and resources.
- Exercises broad experience and knowledge of other acquisition specialties, such as product/quality assurance, logistics, safety, human system interface, and engineering, to ensure a system that meets (or exceeds) user requirements.
- Determines scope, infrastructure, resources, and data sample size to ensure system requirements are adequately demonstrated; prepares reports of system performance and T&E findings.
- Solves problems and resolves conflicts to assure projects will be completed in a timely and professional manner.
- Ensures that plans, missions, visions and values are communicated and integrated into the team's T&E strategies, objectives, plans, and products.
- Monitors and reports on the status and progress of work and reviews completed work to see that instructions on work priorities, methods, and quality have been met.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/564553000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.