The Office of the Inspector General is ranked number 1 in the best places to work in the Department of Justice and is one of the premier inspector general offices in federal government. We are seeking a highly-motivated professional employee with experience in providing superior customer service in support of our mission to detect and deter waste, fraud, abuse, and misconduct in DOJ programs and personnel, and to promote economy and efficiency in those programs.Learn more about this agency
If you are selected as an Information Technology Specialist (Security), your responsibilities would include, but would not be limited to:
- Provides planning, analysis, implementation and maintenance of information systems to ensure the availability of security programs, policies, and procedures utilized within the OIG which enable the integrity and confidentiality of networks, systems and data to remain protected.
- Develops and implements security policies and procedures for the OIG, and reports to the unit supervisor (ISSM) and the OIG's Chief Information Officer (CIO) on the performance of OIG security programs.
- Interprets DOJ and government-wide information security guidance as means to establish security standards, policies that are appropriate for the OIG's systems and networks.
- Identifies, implements, develops, and assess common IT security controls; develops and updates SSP, and coordinates with the Information System Owner, any changes to the IT system and assesses the security impact of those changes.
- Serves as principal information assurance engineer on all matters involving the security of OIG systems; ensures systems are operated in accordance with current Department policies; prepares and disseminated OIG ITD-related security guidance.Oversees OIG network security reporting, oversight of development, implementation and evaluation of information system security program policy.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/564549900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.