As a Supervisory Physician (Clinical), you will supervise high level Physicians and scientists who work on complex research projects. You will also serve as a Training Director for NHGRI's Fellowship and Residency training program and oversee programs for clinical and laboratory-based trainees.Learn more about this agency
- Providing guidance and supervision to staff to include the evaluation of work by subordinates, identifying training needs, adjusting priorities and hearing/resolving complaints of employees;
- Supporting and communicating EEO policies/plans and programs; make recommendations or counsel employees regarding appointments/promotions and/or administrative matters;
- Oversee workload and research priorities within the organization;
- Establish goals and objectives for the assigned research area and organize efforts to initiate pioneering programs and resolve critical issues involving accomplishment of the research;
- Actively collaborate in the planning, development, implementation, and administration of research and training programs, projects, contracts, conferences, and workshops;
- Administer clinical and basic research projects;
- Plan, organize, and direct research programs involving direct patient care using applied and/or basic research;
- Review, analyze, and investigate clinical trials, protocols, and the treatment of patients;
- Analyze, evaluate and interpret scientific and clinical data to prepare papers for publication and presentation;
- Conceptualize new research direction and projects;
- Create drug development plans, including Phase I, II and III clinical trials; and
- Keep abreast of scientific and clinical developments through review of literature and attending professional meetings, conferences, and symposia.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/564543200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.