This position is being recruited under 10 USC 1599f into the Cyber Excepted Service and does NOT convey eligibility to be converted to the Competitive Service. It has been identified as a position necessary to carry out and support the mission of the US Cyber Command.Learn more about this agency
It is in the Professional Work Category at the Senior Work Level within the CES Occupational Structure. It is located in the DISA DBC/CYBER DEVELOPMENT DIRECTORATE.
- Provides oversight and guidance to staff in matters relating to information management (IT) issues that involve a wide range of IT management that typically extend and apply to an entire organization, or major components of an organization.
- Responsible for developing policies and procedures to ensure information systems reliability and accessibility, and to prevent and defend against unauthorized access to systems, networks, and data.
- Conducts risk and vulnerability assessments of planned and installed information systems to identify vulnerabilities, risks, and protection needs.
- Conducts systems security evaluations, audits, and reviews; facilitating the gathering, analysis, and preservation of evidence used in the prosecution of computer crimes.
- Assesses security events to determine impact and implementing corrective actions
- Conducts on-site and remote analyses of information systems standard security products, and associated systems in order to determine overall technical features and standard security protection required for information systems and networks.
- Manages cyber projects and/or programs and ensuring a balance of cost, schedule, and performance.
- Works with engineering and testing team to ensure the implementation of programs and projects are aligning with program milestones.
- Works with operational stakeholders to understand and implement requirements.
- Briefs and prepares briefs to chain of command on program activities.
- Identifies risks and issues of program activities to leadership to ensure programs are meeting milestone activities.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/564487100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.