This position is located in Department of Homeland Security, United States Coast Guard, Deputy Commandant for Mission Support, Assistant Commandant for C4IT (CG-6), Office of Enterprise Architecture Technology Innovation (CG-67), Spectrum Management & Communications Policy Division (CG-672). Washington, DC.Learn more about this agency
As Chief of the Spectrum Management and Communications Policy Division (CG-672), the positions serves as principal advisor for the communications and spectrum resources and oversees a division that provides spectrum authorizations and develops communications policy, which supports C4IT Systems' compliance with Federal laws and regulations, Office of Management and Budget (OMB) directives, Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and Department of Defense (DOD) policies.
Being a Coast Guard civilian makes you a valuable member of the Coast Guard team. Typical work assignments include:
- Performing the full range of supervisory administrative and human resource management functions relative to subordinate staff.
- Serving as Coast Guard's principal advisor for the communications and spectrum resources that includes certifications and authorizations to radiate devices on specific frequency assignments.
- Managing communications and spectrum in accordance with required national, Federal, HS and DOD policies.
- Developing policy, programs, and guidelines for implementation.
- Ensuring that cyber workforce management policies and processes comply with legal and organizational requirements regarding equal opportunity, diversity, and fair hiring/employment practices.
- Monitoring the rigorous application of cyber policies, principles, and practices in the delivery of planning and management services.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel is required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/564384000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.