The incumbent work under the general supervision Maintenance Supervisor. They're assigned a wide variety of duties of journeyman electrician involving installation, modification, repair, troubleshooting, preventive maintenance and testing of complex electrical systems, circuits, equipment, appliances, controls, components, lighting fixtures, and fire alarm systems.Learn more about this agency
Duties include but not limited to:
- Repair of electrical wiring systems, fixtures, controls and equipment.
- Perform various types of wiring jobs for electrical distribution.
- Repair and maintain various types of portable electric equipment, tools, and appliances.
- Perform preventative maintenance program inspections.
- Plans, lays out routing, placement type of electrical lines, circuit, systems, equipment, and controls.
- Install conduit, (EMT and Rigid), using proper methods and in compliance with NEC (National Electric Code).-He/she operates, repairs and maintains emergency alternate source generator equipment and spot checks elevators and dumbwaiters to determine if the elevator maintenance contractor is to be called.
- He/she maintains stock level of parts and materials by ordering necessary materials to complete job or replenish stock.
- Other duties as assigned.
Position Description Title/PD#: WG-2805-10, Electrician/ 50235A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not authorized
Bargaining Unit: Yes
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/564363200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.