GAO's Information Technology & Cybersecurity (ITC) team is seeking a high-potential leader with experience in directing performance audit engagements involving management of government acquisitions and operations and/or protection of federal systems and information to join its executive leadership team.Learn more about this agency
- Provide executive leadership and oversight of the ITC Team’s audit activities by supporting the established overall goals, objectives, and priorities set by the Managing Director of ITC.
- Ensure that audits are conducted in accordance with government auditing standards and GAO’s quality assurance standards.
- Represent GAO in communications with agency officials and congressional stakeholders about the progress and results of audit work.
- Direct the planning and initiation of audits, provide team leadership and supervision of audit staff, and supervise the quality controls exercised over audits.
- Identify ways to improve federal agencies’ accountability for and capacity to manage IT investments and the collection, use, and dissemination of information in an era of rapidly changing technology.
- Participate in deliberations and decisions concerning management and technical issues having government-wide implications. Advise leadership on matters within scope, auditing standards, and accountability policies impacting government programs.
- Direct the preparation and presentation of testimony for use at congressional hearings. Represent GAO before Congress; other federal entities and state, local, and foreign governments; industry, the media, and other segments of the private sector.
- Direct technical analysts and contractors. Manage human resources and office operations including workload, staffing, performance, training and development, and/or adverse actions. Promote equal employment opportunity (EEO) principles.
Occasional travel - .
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/564334000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.