This position is located in the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), United States Coast Guard (USCG), Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Cyber and Intelligence Service Center (C5ISC), Asset Logistics Division (ALD), Logistics Compliance Branch (LCB) in Norfolk, VA or Alexandria, VA.Learn more about this agency
You will serve as a Supervisory Management and Program Analyst (Cyber) and be responsible for managing the package of support functions required to field and maintain the readiness and operational capability of cybersecurity related systems and components. In this capacity, you conduct audits of financial and property transactions, develop and coordinate responses to external audits from Coast Guard Headquarters and the DHS IG, manage the C5I property program, and administer C5I internal controls programs supporting a wide variety of capitalized and non-capitalized IT and electronics assets and higher level assemblies including licensed, owned, and in-house developed software.
Being a Coast Guard civilian makes you a valuable member of the Coast Guard team.
Typical work assignments include:
- Assists the immediate C5ISC-ALD supervisor, as required, in reviewing resumes and interviewing potential candidates for open positions and in executing EEO policies and communicates support of those policies to subordinates.
- Assures equality in determining qualifications, selection, assignments, training, promotions, details, discipline and awards to employees.
- Develop methods to monitor and measure risk, compliance, and assurance efforts for cybersecurity related systems and components
- Perform needs analysis to determine opportunities for new and improved business process solutions
- Resolve conflicts in laws, regulations, policies, standards, or procedures
- Ensure that all acquisitions, procurements, and outsourcing efforts address information security requirements consistent with organization goals
- Coordinate and manage the overall service provided to a customer end-to-end
- Review service performance reports identifying any significant issues and variances, initiating, where necessary, corrective actions and ensuring that all outstanding issues are followed up
- Work with other service managers and product owners to balance and prioritize services to meet overall customer requirements, constraints, and objectives
- Participates in supporting IT and cyber human capital management functions, including analysis, evaluation and oversight of workforce certification
- Conducts audits of financial and property transactions
- Establishes policy, plans and schedules for meeting the OMB A-123 internal control assessment and reporting program working towards CFO compliance, both financial and logistical
- Develops and coordinates responses to external audits from Coast Guard Headquarters and the DHS IG
- Manages property programs and administers internal controls programs supporting a wide variety of capitalized and non-capitalized IT and electronics assets and higher level assemblies including licensed, owned, and in-house developed software
The salary posted in the salary section of the announcement lists the base GS salary table. Your pay will be set in accordance with the locality pay for the location selected.
For Norfolk, VA GS-14: $108,328 to $140,823
For Alexandria, VA GS-14: $121,316 to $157,709
Occasional travel - Occasional Travel
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/564311900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.