This position is located in the Staffing and Classification Branch (SCB), Division of Human Resource Management (HRM), Office of Information and Resource Management (OIRM), National Science Foundation. The incumbent serves as the Branch Chief over the Staffing and Classification Branch (SCB) with management responsibility for programs administered by the branch including recruitment, staffing, classification, position management and compensation for all non-executive positions in the agency.Learn more about this agency
The incumbent of this position will direct NSF recruitment, staffing, classification, compensation, and position management programs; providing staff support to the Chief Human Capital Officer (CHCO) for developing and implementing the Foundation's human capital management initiatives; and, supervising the staff of the Staffing and Classification Branch. Specifically:
- Manages all recruitment, selection and classification programs for competitive and excepted service positions within NSF below the Senior Executive (SES) level. This includes positions under the Intergovernmental Personnel Act (IPA) and Visiting Scientist, Engineer, and Educator (VSEE) program.
- Plans and conducts staffing and classification program to achieve balance and equity in the management of a workforce covered by two distinct personnel systems (5USC and 42USC and various Diversity and Veterans Programs).
- Coordinates components of operating human resource programs with other offices. Recurring activities include responding to program issues related to: grants policies that impact staffing program; initiatives by the Office of Diversity and Inclusion (ODI); technical support to the labor management program in the areas of staffing and classification and compensation.
- Contributes to the development of NSF policy guidance concerning these programs and incorporates policies in the operational activity of the branch.
- Leads the workforce in transitional and organizational development activities.
- Establishes and internalizes process re-engineering requirements, conducts cost benefit analysis activities, defines performance measurement objectives and activities and develops plan to automate functions and processes where appropriate.
- Advises on organizational design to satisfy regulatory requirements, meet management's needs and address union and employee concerns.
- Advises top managers on changes in classification of positions due to proposed reorganizations and possible labor relations issues.
- Plans and conducts the agency's recruitment and assessment program to ensure that vacancies are filled with top quality candidates in a manner that is timely and responsive to management needs.
- Establishes policies and procedures for the staffing program that effectively serve the special challenges and requirements of NSF and meet regulatory requirements.
- The incumbent has responsibility for overseeing that systems are operating correctly and are renewed/replaced as necessary. Responsible for managing contracts and/or contractors that support a wide range of human capital activities including, but not limited to, the provision of administrative/transactional services, staffing and classification consultative resources which may include formal COTR responsibilities.
- The incumbent is responsible for managing, supporting, coordinating with and leveraging HRM's matrixed team environment in order to ensure that the full range of HRM services are delivered to customers in an accurate and informed manner. Collectively, all HRM branches are engaged in providing the full range HR services.
- The SCB Branch Chief implements effective state-of-the-art IT solutions across the Division to improve recruiting, staffing and assessment processes.
- Attention to Detail
- Client Engagement/Change Management
- Customer Service
- Decision Making
- Oral/Written Communication
- Problem Solving
- Workforce Planning
- Technical Competence
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/564311000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.