The Licensed Practical Nurse works under the direction of an RN and reports to the Clinical Manager and is responsible for observing, recording and reporting concerns or changes in the patient's condition. Demonstrates active collaboration and communication with members of the care team, including but not limited to: the patient, patient's family/loved ones, pharmacy, lab, radiology, medical providers, RN's, respiratory therapists, clerks, and other departments within the medical facility.Learn more about this agency
LPN duties include but are not limited to:
- Provides basic nursing care; performs, reports and records assigned nursing care done in their assigned clinic setting to include medication administration (including injections), obtaining and recording vital signs, check expiration dates of medications and supplies prior to use, perform delegated procedures, and timely and complete documentation.
- Makes observations and thoroughly documents care and the patient's response.
- Seeks assistance and guidance by informing RN or medical provider of changes in the patient's condition, requiring higher-level intervention.
- Provides education to patient and their loved ones, based on the Veteran's goals.
- Adheres to standards of practice and safe technique in preparation and administration of medications and vaccines in the clinic setting.
- Adheres to principles of infection control, safety and universal precautions, as well as adheres to stewardship practices for pharmaceutical and other waste.
- Maintains confidentiality of electronic, written and/or verbal patient information.
- Assists in minor procedures (obtain supplies, assist with positioning patient, ensure comfort, privacy, monitor patient response to treatment, etc.).
- Demonstrates ability and competence in regards to utilization of specialty equipment in clinic setting.
- Incumbent possesses knowledge of proper handling and pre-cleaning of reusable medical equipment.
- Independently completes mandatory reviews/trainings annually and as needed.
- Completed/participates in Readiness Rounds within the clinic(s).
- Float to assist other clinics/departments as needed, based on operational needs for Veteran care.
- Assists with transporting patients to other departments.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Functional Statements: 00000, Licensed Practical Nurse, GS 03, 04, 05, 06
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/564308000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.