This position is responsible for data resources and information technology management in support of informatics, research and development efforts for new information technologies, architectures, IT security measures, and systems.Learn more about this agency
As a Computer Scientist (Informatics) you will:
- Serve as a leader for integrating computer science theory and fundamentals with emerging informatics and technology standards, public health practices and policies.
- Identify and recommend innovative, practical, and cost-effective applications of cutting-edge information technology in programs and activities.
- Identify business needs to create infrastructure that aligns with IT strategies and plans of overall public health goals.
- Provide direct consultation and involvement in the development of policies, standards and guidelines that steer the selection, development, implementation and use of Information Technology within the organization.
- Provide strategic leadership and consultation across the organization regarding new and emerging information technology tools, platforms, methods, and architecture best practices.
- Oversee security measures and risk assessments for systems and infrastructure.
- Plan, develop, and implement public health information systems, including surveillance, management, and internet systems.
Occasional travel - You may be expected at least 10% of domestic travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/564301700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.