This position is located in the Department of Defense Office of Inspector General (DoD OIG), Deputy Inspector General for Administrative Investigations, OIG-AI, Whistleblower - Reprisal Investigations (WRI). As an Investigator you will be responsible for conducting and overseeing Investigations of Whistleblower Reprisal.Learn more about this agency
As a Investigator (Whistleblower Reprisal), GS-1810-13, your typical work assignments may include the following:
- Conduct investigations of complaints of reprisal filed by military members, appropriated- and non-appropriated-funded civilian employees within DoD and Defense contractor employees.
- Conduct interviews, review recorded testimonies, sworn statements and documentary evidence for evidence of reprisal.
- Develop drafts and final written reports of investigation based on analysis of facts developed during investigation.
- Conduct oversight of reprisal investigations conducted by DoD components.
- Evaluate investigative reports and records for compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements and established quality standards.
- Conduct investigations into improper referrals for mental health evaluations of military members.
- Present findings to senior officials and internal and external stakeholders, including Congressional staff.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel up to 20% for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/564301500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.