This Direct Hire recruitment is to fill positions based on a critical hiring need resulting from the outbreak and spread of the "Coronavirus Disease 2019" (COVID-19), which has caused a public health emergency. As such, all applicants who meet the OPM Public Health Analyst Series requirements and the minimum specialized experience qualifications stated in this announcement will be referred to hiring managers for further consideration.Learn more about this agency
As a Public Health Analyst, you will:
- Analyze and evaluate the effectiveness of public health program operations.
- Serve as an analyst responsible for planning, managing, and evaluating large public health program(s), projects, and/or study activities.
- Prepare and make presentations.
- Manage public health grants, cooperative agreements, and contracts.
- Serve as an analyst responsible for analyzing, evaluating, and advising on a well defined and established program of a moderate complexity.
- Analyze and evaluate the effectiveness and efficiency of the assigned public health program(s) and develops and/or implements standards and recommendations.
- Monitor and/or evaluate performance and prepares for, assists with, or participates in negotiations.
- Perform other duties as assigned that are related to this position.
Job family (Series)
Conditions of Employment
- US Citizenship is required.
- E-Verify: If you are selected for this position, the documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS "E-Verify" System. Federal law requires DHS to use the E-Verify System to verify employment eligibility of all new hires, and as a condition of continued employment obligates the new hire to take affirmative steps to resolve any discrepancies identified by the system. The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services is an E-Verify Participant.
- Direct Deposit: All Federal employees are required to have Federal salary payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of their choosing.
- All qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of the announcement.
- One-year probationary period may be required.
- Re-employed Annuitants may be considered to fill vacancies. If you have retired from federal service and are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitant information sheet via http://intranet.cdc.gov/hro/docs/jobs/NDAA-Reemployed-Annuitants.pdf
- This position can be filled at any grade level.
- This position may be subject to a Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- This position may be subject toa OGE Financial Disclosure CDC Financial Disclosure-The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention inspires public confidence in its trust responsibilities and mission by maintaining high ethical principles. This position is subject to the confidential financial disclosure requirements of the Ethics in Government Act of 1978 (P.L. 95-521). Therefore, if selected, you will be required to complete a Confidential Financial Disclosure Report (OGE Form 450) to determine if a conflict or an appearance of a conflict exists between your financial interest and your prospective position with the agency. This Information will be required annually.
- This position may require a Drug Test and subject to Random Drug Testing.
- This position may be subject to a Background/Security Investigation.
- Duty Locations: CDC Wide (This position can be filled via multiple CDC Centers/Locations).
- This position may be subject to Telework.
- Recruitment, Relocation or Retention Incentive may be authorized.
- *Travel, transportation, and moving expenses may be authorized.
- Annual Leave for non-federal service may be authorized.
QualificationsContinuation of Requirements:
- Promotion Potential: Please be advised there is no promotion potential for these positions, any position filled with this announcement will be filled at the single grade level requested.
- Research position: No
- Supervisory position: No.
Applicants must have one year of specialized experience at/or equivalent to the GS-07 grade level in the Federal service to include experience providing assistance analyzing public health program operations. OR have completed 2 full years of progressively higher level graduate education OR possess a Master's or equivalent graduate degree (such as an LL.B. or J.D.), if related. OR have a combination of specialized experience and graduate level education that meets 100% of the qualification requirements for this position.
Applicants must have one year of specialized experience at/or equivalent to at least the GS-09 grade level in the Federal service, to include experience in analyze and evaluate the effectiveness of public health operations. OR have a Ph.D, or equivalent doctoral degree or 3 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to a doctoral degree or LL.M. from an accredited college or university directly related to the work of the position to be filled. OR have a combination of graduate level education and experience that meets 100% of the qualification requirements for this position.
Applicants must have one year of specialized experience at or equivalent to the GS-11 grade level in the Federal service to include experience planning, managing, and evaluating public health programs and/or projects.
Education completed in colleges or universities outside the United States may be used to meet the education requirements. You must provide acceptable documentation that the foreign education is comparable to that received in an accredited educational institution in the United States. For more information on how foreign education is evaluated, visit: https://www.cdc.gov/jobs/future-applicant-information.html.
This position is being filled through Direct Hire Authority for this occupation and is open to all US Citizens.
Vacancies will be filled through OPM's Direct Hire Authority. Veterans' preference and traditional rating and ranking of applicants do not apply to positions filled under this announcement. All applicants who meet the minimum qualification requirements will be forwarded to the selecting official for consideration. Applications received as a result of job fairs, recruitment events, and emergency hiring mechanisms in support of this hiring initiative will also be accepted during the duration of the direct-hire authority.
For more information on OPM's authorization of Direct Hire Authority, please visit: https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/hiring-information/direct-hire-authority/
Additional selections may be made within the same geographical location CDC-wide.
Males born after December 31, 1959 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service (see http://www.sss.gov).
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP)/Career Transition Assistance Program(CTAP): For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible see http://opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85.0 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
Former and Present Peace Corps personnel may be considered to fill vacancies. If you have completed no less than 36 months of continuous service without a break in service of 3 days or more under section 7(a) of the Peace Corps Act (22 U.S.C. 2506) which pertains to the appointment of Peace Corps staff (not volunteers); or within 3 years after separation from qualifying service with the Peace Corps. A copy of your SF-50 is required to support your request.
Peace Corps Volunteers may be considered to fill vacancies. Executive Order 11103-Provides eligibility for appointment in the competitive service any person who is certified by the Director of the Peace Corps as having served satisfactorily as a Volunteer or Volunteer Leader under the Peace Corps Act and who passes such examination as the Office of Personnel Management may prescribe.
To view the questionnaire, click on the following link:
If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document(s), view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
"Additional selections may be made for similar positions across the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) within the local commuting area(s) of the location identified in this announcement. By applying, you agree to have your application shared with interested selecting official(s) at HHS. Clearance of CTAP/ICTAP will be applied for similar positions across HHS."
Once the application process is complete, a review of the resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine if you are qualified for this job. If, after reviewing your resume and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics).
- Customer Service
- Data Synthesis
- Oral Communication
- Program Assessment
- Project Management
- Public Health Information Dissemination
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
To apply for this position, you must submit a complete Application Package which includes:
- Your résumé showing work schedule, hours worked per week, dates of employment and duties performed.
- Other supporting documents:
- Cover Letter, optional
- Transcripts (required if qualifying based on education)*
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program/Career Transition Assistance Program documentation, if applicable (e.g., Certification of Expected Separation, Reduction-In-Force Separation Notice, or Notice of Proposed Removal; SF-50 that documents the RIF separation action; and most recent performance appraisal).
Failure to submit any of the above mentioned required documents may result in loss of consideration due to an incomplete application package. It is your responsibility to ensure all required documents have been submitted.
For Résumé and Application Tips visit: https://help.usajobs.gov/index.php/Tips.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, you must complete the online application and submit the documentation specified in the Required Documents section.
A complete application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on05/15/2020 of this announcement to receive consideration.
- To begin, click Apply to access the online application. You will need to be logged into your USAJOBS account to apply. If you do not have a USAJOBS account, you will need to create one before beginning the application.
- Follow the prompts to select your résumé and/or other supporting documents to be included with your application package. You will have the opportunity to upload additional documents to include in your application before it is submitted. Your uploaded documents may take several hours to clear the virus scan process.
- After acknowledging you have reviewed your application package, complete the Include Personal Information section as you deem appropriate and click to continue with the application process.
- You will be taken to the online application which you must complete in order to apply for the position. Complete the online application, verify the required documentation is included with your application package, and submit the application.
If you cannot apply online:
You are encouraged to apply online. If you are unable to apply online, please use the Alternate Application link listed in the Additional Information section of this vacancy announcement. Applicants are strongly encouraged to apply online if at all possible. Applying online, through your USAJOBS account, will expedite the application process and allow you to check your application. If you utilize the Alternate Application method, your USAJOBS account will not display this application and you will not receive status updates.
Agency contact information
AddressCDC OD, Office of the Chief Operating Officer OCOO
1600 Clifton Road, N.E.
Atlanta, GA 30333
Once the online questionnaire is received you will receive an acknowledgement email that your submission was successful. The most highly qualified candidates will be referred to the hiring manager for further consideration and possible interview. We expect to make a selection within 45 days of the closing date of this announcement.
You will receive notice via email once this process is completed (generally 4-6 weeks).
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Legal and regulatory guidance
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/564272600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.