As a Construction Analyst, you will serve as Cost Estimator, Construction Management Advisor, and Scheduler for all types of projects, from small program level projects up to prospectus level design and construction projects.
Positions are in GSA, Public Buildings Service (PBS), Southeast Sunbelt Region, Architecture & Engineering Division, Atlanta, GA.
We are currently filling one vacancy, but additional vacancies may be filled as needed.Learn more about this agency
- The incumbent participates in providing cost estimates, schedules, research, advice, and guidance to project managers, program managers, and high level leadership.
- Provides consultation for costs, constructability, technical reviews and scheduling to ensure projects are technically well designed, of the desired quality and can be built within budget, with the planned schedule.
- Performs cost escalation forecasts; monitors construction markets to identify price trends for material, labor, and equipment costs.
- Guides project managers in effective cost estimating, scheduling and construction techniques and methods.
- Incumbent coordinates requirements with project managers, A/E organizations and Government agencies.
- Contracts, reviews, and verifies A/E cost estimates for major systems, large building and provides consultation with A/E estimators and project managers.
- Supports or represents contracting officers (CO) in negotiations, mediations; may assist in providing guidance and advice to CO in settlement of significant claims before attorneys, courts, or mediators.
25% or less - Occasional travel as needed.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/564242900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.