The incumbent serves as the Electric Shop Supervisor for the San Francisco VA Medical Center (SFVAMC). This position is located in the Maintenance Section within Engineering Service and is under the general supervision of the Maintenance Section Chief.Learn more about this agency
ResponsibilitiesThe incumbent is in supervisory charge of the Electric Shop and The Electronic Shop consisting of seven journeyman WG-10 Electricians, three WG-11 Electronic Mechanics, one GS-10 Electronics Technician & two electrical worker helpers WG-5 in Engineering Service and is management's representative for the shops.
Major Duties include:
- Support and explain management programs to subordinates.
- Develops performance standards and position descriptions, review work of subordinates and prepare annual evaluations of their individual performance and make recommendations for promotions or awards.
- Advise and council employees on how to improve their performance and explain new work techniques.
- Stop checks are made of completed work to insure that quality standards are being met.
- He/she carries out disciplinary actions when necessary and investigates grievances.
- Approves overall annual leave on a yearly basis and monitors sick leave usage.
- Serves as a management representative at meetings, hearings, and negotiations involving labor and management.
- Maintains service manuals, files, technical data files, equipment PM and repair history files, training files for subordinates, and quality assurance files.
- Conducts preventive maintenance and safety testing are an integral part of the employee's responsibilities including documentation of maintenance, tests, and results to meet published administrative and safety requirements.
- Plans and schedules the use of employees on a day to day, week to week or month to month basis establishing deadlines priorities and work sequences.
Work Schedule: Monday to Friday 8:00am to 4:30pm; subject to Overtime, Off-tours and weekend work.
Position Description Title/PD#: PD 08488
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/564225900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.