The Nurse Practitioner (NP) will provide comprehensive guideline directed evidence- based care to patients with Cardiology issues. This position will involve taking care of patients with diverse cardiac diseases in collaboration with Cardiologists and the cardiology team.Learn more about this agency
Nurse Practitioner will see patients in collaboration with Cardiologists and team case managers. This will also include promptly responding to cardiology outpatient consults and inter-facility consults as applicable. The Nurse Practitioner provides cardiology specialty care to veterans in outpatient clinics, via telephone and via tele-medicine appointments as appropriate and necessary. Patients managed in the Cardiology clinic by the Nurse Practitioner may have complex co-morbidities such as hypertension, COPD, diabetes, atrial fibrillation, valvular diseases, coronary artery disease, cerebral vascular disease, auto immune disorders and renal impairment.
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Obtains health histories, performs physical exams and documents findings in the medical record in a timely manner.
- Provides comprehensive guideline directed evidence-based care to patients with cardiology concerns.
- Implements assessment, diagnosis and management of new and chronic cardiology patients with complex co-morbidities.
- Orders appropriate diagnostic procedures, and acts on results.
- Provides appropriate and timely follow up for these patients and consults experts in other specialties when needed.
- Prescribes individualized pharmacological and non-pharmacological interventions for treatment of cardiology disease processes and related medical problems for the promotion of quality of life, wellness, and improved outcomes as demonstrated by reduction of hospitalizations and/or urgent care visits.
- Educates patient, significant others and affiliated medical center staff on health care issues (i.e., medications, diet, lifestyle changes and follow up).
- Facilitates the completion of informed consents prior to the procedures.
- Mentor to APRN students, as applicable.
- Acts as consultant and resource to other departments within and outside the medical center regarding Cardiology disease processes.
- Participates in performance improvement initiatives.
- Works effectively with other members of the Cardiology team including other APRNs, PAs, RNs, MDs, Fellows, Medical Students, research coordinators, MSAs, pharmacists, dieticians, social workers, etc. This includes respectful, timely, and supportive interactions and participation in system improvement activities.
- Collaborates with multiple other disciplines including primary care, hospice, palliative care and nephrology.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, Clinic hours of operation: 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/564207400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.