Located at the Alaska VA Healthcare System, (AVAHS) Anchorage Alaska, serving 36,000+ Veterans residing throughout the 663,300-mile service area of Alaska within the VISN20 Northwest Network. The incumbent will be part of an administrative team supporting duties under the Supervisory Executive Assistant for the Associate Director, providing leadership and professional support to the manpower programs for which AD has oversight and the many disciplines relying on this administrative support.Learn more about this agency
This position requires an individual responsible for administering, analyzing, and performing multifaceted work involved in establishing, disseminating or managing manpower systems supporting the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), Veterans Health Administration (VHA) including Healthcare Manpower Manager and Administrative duties across a complex and broad spectrum of operations. This spectrum of operations includes Primary Care facilities, Mental Health Facilities, Health Administration, and Information Operations to mention a few of the 42 separate direct reporting disciplines covered within the work of a Healthcare Manpower Manager.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Provides a direct linkage (interface) to the VISN/National HR program to assist with process development and improvement; problem resolution; and ensure an integrated approach to hiring the correct positions in a resource limited environment for Alaska's unique mission.
- Knowledge of Human Resource Management, Medical Services requirements, Strategic and Operational Process Development and implementation, and manpower analysis.
- Developing staffing recommendations, prioritizing goals, and interfacing with the TETRAD leadership, finance, and VISN level resources
- Coordinate with HR personnel in Classification and Hiring to ensure that Alaska's priorities are updated at least weekly considering the facility and leadership needs.
- Research, identify, and analyze departmental program requests and requirements from an organizational staffing standpoint across disciplines with multiple stakeholders and recommend priorities to Senior Leadership.
- Develop and coordinate budget preparation guidance with the upper level managers; and develop effective management plans for assigned projects.
- Works with multiple disciplines internal and external to the AVAHS system to develop appropriate personnel documents, manage and maintain a master spreadsheet of hiring actions, and lead a recurring weekly huddle in conjunction with HR partners, Senior Leadership and critical team players to project/promote the proper hiring actions.
- Apply or develop new analytical and evaluative methods and techniques to manpower, structural, and interoperability issues or studies concerning the efficiency and effectiveness of multiple program operations.
- Provides expert advice and guidance to senior leaders and management concerning organizational management programs.
- Serves as subject matter expert for mission and organization analysis including, organization structure, functional alignment, agency relationships, manpower documentation, reporting, utilization, and requirements.
Promotion Potential: The selectee may be promoted to the full performance level without further competition when all regulatory, qualification, and performance requirements are met. Selection at a lower grade level does not guarantee promotion to the full performance level.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday 0730 - 1600
Telework: Not Available
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description/PD#: Management & Program Analyst/PD503190 and PD503200
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position; up to 25% for outlying facility support/inspections
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/564202100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.