“The Federal Law Enforcement Training Centers (FLETC), through strategic partnerships, prepares the federal law enforcement community to safeguard the American people, our homeland, and our values.” We are a unique inter-agency organization preparing the next generation of law enforcement officers to meet our Nation's most pressing security challenges. Click here to learn more.Learn more about this agency
This position is located within the Information Technology Infrastructure Branch, of the Information Technology Operations and Support Division (OSD), within the Chief Information Officer (CIO) Directorate and in Glynco, Georgia.
Being an Information Technology Specialist (Database Management/Security) makes you a valuable member of the FLETC team and mission. In this you will be responsible for providing technical leadership, guidance and functional oversight for the planning, budgeting, design, analysis, development, securing, documentation, configuration, installation, implementation, integration, testing, operations, management, performance, and problem resolution for the component’s enterprise database systems.
Typical assignments include:
- Providing functional oversight over the component's databased systems. The Electronic and information technology (EIT) utilized include Local Area Networks (LANs) and Wide Area Networks (WANs), physical and virtual servers, Microsoft and Linux operating systems, Oracle and Microsoft SQL Servers, various database middleware software and enterprise financial applications and services throughout the component’s geographically dispersed enterprise.
- Creating and managing user and group accounts, and provides IT system security in accordance with established information security policies.
- Providing technical leadership, guidance, and functional oversight for the planning, design, analysis, development, securing, documentation, configuration, installation, implementation, integration, testing, operations, management, performance, and problem resolution for the component’s database middleware software.
- Conducting analyses and studies of customer requirements, translating them into database design steps, database data structures and schemas, application page formats, SQL scripts, and file and directory structures and developing work plans, detailed flow charts, special instructions, and program logic supporting customer requirements, current/improved processes, and the technical, security, business and data architectures.
- Monitoring system logs for signs of anomalies which may indicate potential threats or vulnerabilities that may place the environment at risk of cybersecurity breaches and remediating them as quickly as possible while following standard operating procedures for the reporting and tracking of such items.
- Ensuring that managed systems are patched and hardened according to cybersecurity regulations and guidelines and that the documentation of system settings is maintained and reviewed according to established procedures.
- Coordinating with the Technical Change Control Board (TCCB) on a regular basis to review and recommend changes to the enterprise infrastructure and developing other change/configuration management procedures to track changes to products, services, applications, and data structures that do not reach the TCCB level of control.
- Monitoring performance in accordance with the contract terms and conditions and Statement of Work. Providing feedback and prompt input recommending a technical course of action.
- Developing and interpreting policies, procedures, and strategies governing the planning and delivery of application and database services throughout the agency.
- Preparing Performance-Based Statements of Work, Independent Government Cost Estimates, Quality Assurance Surveillance Plans, and Total Cost of Ownership spreadsheets to ensure IT service agreements meet agency requirements.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel may be required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/564196000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.