This position is located in the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), United States Coast Guard (USCG), Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Cyber and Intelligence Service Center (C5ISC), Assets Logistics Division (ALD), Fiscal Operations Branch (FOB), Planning, Analysis & Reconciliation Section (PAR). Position may be filled in Alexandria, VA, Norfolk, VA or if approved, full-time remote telework.Learn more about this agency
You will serve as an Information Technology Cybersecurity Specialist (CUSTSPT/INFOSEC) and be responsible for managing the package of support functions required to field and maintain the readiness and operational capability of systems and components.
Being a Coast Guard civilian makes you a valuable member of the Coast Guard team. Typical work assignments include:
- Develop methods to monitor and measure risk, compliance, and assurance efforts
- Provide ongoing optimization and problem-solving support
- Ensure that all acquisitions, procurements, and outsourcing efforts address information security requirements consistent with organization goals
- Act as a primary stakeholder in the underlying information technology (IT) operational processes and functions that support the service, provide direction and monitor all significant activities so the service is delivered successfully
- Coordinate and manage the overall service provided to a customer end-to-end
- Work with other service managers and product owners to balance and prioritize services to meet overall customer requirements, constraints, and objectives
- Routinely exercises independent judgment and discretion when obtaining and leading confidential advance information of management’s position with regard to IT cyber contract negotiations and investments; performing studies that may result in changes of organizational structures or staffing levels requiring labor relation matters.
NOTE: Salary listed in salary section of announcement is the GS-11 through GS-13 base salary. Your salary will be dependent upon the location.
If selected for Norfolk, VA, below is the salary range with locality:
GS-11: $64,318 to $83,612
GS-12: $77,091 to $100,223
GS-13: $91,671 to $119,176
If selected for Alexandria, VA, below is the salary range with locality:
GS-11: $72,030 to $93,638
GS-12: $86,335 to $112,240
GS-13: $102,663 to $133,465
If selected for a full-time telework remote location, your salary will be set to match your approved and designated telework location.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel is required.
13 - If selected at a lower grade level, there is potential for promotion upon time-in-grade requirements and supervisory approval based on performance.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/564194200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.