This Direct Hire recruitment is to fill positions based on a critical hiring need resulting from the outbreak and spread of the "Coronavirus Disease 2019" (COVID-19), which has caused a public health emergency. As such, all applicants who meet the OPM Health Communication Specialist Series requirements and the minimum specialized experience qualifications stated in this announcement will be referred to hiring managers for further consideration.Learn more about this agency
As a Health Communication Specialist, you will:
This position will support the Federal Government's response efforts to COVID-19.
- Provide consultation and technical expertise to development and implementation of priorities, strategies, and practices for communicating with various audiences.
- Assist in health problem analysis, apply communication theories and models to communication campaign development; uses audience segmentation analysis and formative research to select appropriate communication channels and messages.
- Assist in providing consultation, technical assistance, and training on program and project implementation to internal and external groups and development of training curricula.
- Develop and manage communication projects funded extramurally.
- Develop, test, and disseminate science-and audience-based products, tools, and messages to different audiences in a variety of formats.
- Collect data from programs for the development of health communication strategies and products.
- Develop and manage contracts and task orders and required documentation that supports the health communication program and projects.
- Ensure that all health communication activities are based on theory and use accepted principles, methods, and practices
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
None - Please be advised there is no promotion potential for these positions, any position filled with this announcement will be filled at the single grade level requested.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/564186300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.