This National Guard position is for a CIVIL ENGINEER, Position Description Number D0589000 and is part of the James A Garfield JMTC, Ohio Army National Guard.Learn more about this agency
The purpose of this position is to serve as the Civil Engineer at the MTA providing professional engineering services to plan for and implement new construction projects. Advises the Facility Manager, which requires a professional knowledge of engineering concepts, methods and principles.
As a CIVIL ENGINEER, GS-0810-11, you will perform the following duties:
1) Develops long range major and minor construction programs based on current Master Plan. Prepares environmental and construction documents to initiate construction projects. Prepares and designs technical architectural and engineering drawings covering such facilities as an armory, warehouse, barracks, administrative housing, training structures, other buildings, and associated utility systems for the Site.
2) Coordinates with other military and governmental agencies such as District Engineers, Department of Agriculture, and Division of Forestry on associated construction/engineering matters.
3) Assist in formulating policies and developing engineering plans for design, construction, replacement, rehabilitation and alteration of real property facilities and equipment; operation of utility systems; and real estate acquisition.
4) Manages the Engineering Plans and Services Division. Assures that the work of technicians, contract employees, temporary and seasonal employees and military personnel of all activities and units engaged in minor construction, maintenance, and repair functions at the MIA meets acceptable standards. Advises, counsels and instructs individual employees on technical matters. Interviews candidates for positions within the Directorate, and makes recommendations for appointments, promotions, or reassignments.
5) Performs other duties as assigned.
*The above duty description does not contain all details of the official position description. A copy of the entire position description can be found on FASCLASS by searching the position description (PD#:D0589000). https://acpol2.army.mil/fasclass/search_fs/search_fasclass.asp
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/564178000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.