This Direct Hire recruitment is to fill positions based on a critical hiring need resulting from the outbreak and spread of the "Coronavirus Disease 2019" (COVID-19), which has caused a public health emergency. As such, all applicants who meet the OPM Health Communication Specialist Series requirements and the minimum specialized experience qualifications stated in this announcement will be referred to hiring managers for further consideration.Learn more about this agency
As a Health Communication Officer (Direct Hire), you will:
This position will support the Federal Government's response efforts to COVID-19.
- Serve as the Associate Director for Communications.
- Lead and direct the development and implementation of a comprehensive communication and marketing program.
- Coordinate and/or manage all communications and marketing activities for the Center for Global Health.
- Serve as scientific advisor to the Center for communication and marketing research, evaluation and practice.
- Provide critical expertise, management and oversight to a wide range of complex and interrelated activities.
- Serve as the lead for integrating the communication of public health protection, promotion and disease prevention messages on the Centers topics for promotion to internal and external audiences.
- Serve as the lead for ensuring accurate and accessible translation of complex scientific concepts and data for use by CDC partners, private organizations, communities, the public and the media.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
None - Please be advised there is no promotion potential for these positions, any position filled with this announcement will be filled at the single grade level requested.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/564164900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.