This position is being recruited under 10 USC 1599f into the Cyber Excepted Service and does NOT convey eligibility to be converted to the Competitive Service. It has been identified as a position necessary to carry out and support the mission of the US Cyber Command.Learn more about this agency
It is in the Supervision/Management Work Category at the Full Performance Work Level within the CES Occupational Structure. It is located in the DISA DGOC/RN511.
- Plans subordinate work schedules on a weekly, project, or longer basis, to assure an even flow and distribution of work, expeditious handling of priority cases, and meeting of schedules and deadlines.
- Provides project management oversight to initiate, plan, coordinate, and supervise internal and external projects impacting global network and cybersecurity operations, operations support, and operations service support.
- Provides advice and guidance regarding systems and network management, transport technology, satellite, voice, data, and video networking equipment and applications.
- Develops information, techniques, and methodologies to insert critical network components, systems, and mechanisms at any stage of the planning, development, acquisition, and fielding of IT systems within DoD.
- Defines operating criteria, monitors installation, and monitors testing to determine the quality and efficiency of communications equipment and software.
- Estimates project costs and submits cost estimates for related funding plans to finance and budget projects.
- Prepares and presents briefings and reports to high-level personnel within DISA, leadership and staff of the DISA Global Field Command, and other DoD components.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/564149300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.