You will serve as a SUPERVISORY IT SPECIALIST (PLCYPLN/INFOSEC) in the NAVY AUTHORIZING OFFICIAL DIRECTORATE, OFFICE OF THE COMMANDER of US FLEET CYBER COMMAND.Learn more about this agency
This is a RE-ADVERTISEMENT of Announcement Number: ST-10752210-20-BP. Applicants that have previously applied NEED to re-apply to this announcement.
You will serve as a Supervisory IT Specialist (PLCYPLN/INFOSEC) in the Navy Authorizing Official (NAO) who serves as a key member of the US FLEET CYBER COMMAND leadership team.
- You will serve as the Deputy Director and have ownership of the management and control processes required to execute the daily activities of the directorate.
- You will team with the NAO Director to create a responsive and balanced organization that has work processes integrated with mission partner organizations and ensures that work priorities are aligned with command mission and activities.
- You will authorized voice command position for areas under the NAO purview and exercises ?By direction? signature and message release authority on behalf of the Commander for NAO matters an fill in during absence of Director.
- You will recruit, train, and retain a diverse, high quality work force and provide daily oversight of the work of the entire Directorate both civilian and military and support assessment of work product from contractor personnel.
- You will plan work to be accomplished by subordinates, sets and adjusts short-term priorities, and prepares schedules for completion of work.
- You will lead development of annual budget inputs for operations, travel and continuing professional education of NAO personnel and leads execution tracking.
- You will oversee performance of the full range of Contracting Officer Representative (COR) functions to ensure all actions are carried out in the most efficient and cost effective manner.
- You will support development and articulation of strategic communications to influence decisions, develop coalitions, and provide objective measures of results.
- You will maintain liaison with Navy mission partners including US Cyber Command, Defense Information Systems Agency, Combatant Commanders, National Security Agency, Navy headquarters and second echelon commands and other industry officials.
- You will participate in strategic planning which include organizational alignments, re-structuring, civilian position management, policy development and implementation, allocation of resources and prioritization of projects.
- You will make decisions for accepting a level of operational risk as needed to achieve program balance and cost-effective generation of combat readiness.
- You will serve as a senior technical director for highly technical and complex computer network operations and cybersecurity defense mechanisms for emerging technologies and cybersecurity risk management.
- You will provide expertise to FLTCYBERCOM Operations and Plans Directorates to integrate NAO capabilities and information in support of deliberate and crisis action planning.
- You will manage the plans, programs and budgets of the directorate in order to execute all related activities and resources to ensure delivery of the reliable programs.
- You will manage the compliance levels and oversee the receipt and implementation of functional support requirements for assessment and authorization processes.
- You will be the lead agent for change and continuous process improvement for the end-to-end DoD processes and tools used to support NAO decision making regarding cybersecurity risk acceptance.
- You will support command-level duties to include membership in ad hoc and standing command-wide strategic planning boards and centers, command Civilian Advisory Council and Civilian Awards Board.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/564148900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.